Tuesday, December 2, 2008

The real MADNESS begins!

O.K. here's where the madness or should I say insanity starts! Kelsey and Ethan have been begging for laptops. They use laptops at school everyday and of course the school encourages the kids to purchase them. Chris and I gave in and decided that's what we would get them for Christmas. Their one and only gift!!!! So, what better time to buy them then on Black Friday. Here's where the FUN, yes I said FUN (fun according to Loma) begins! We decided we where going to CAMP OUT at Staples! We got in line around 6:30 pm. Yes, we were the firsts. Yay for us! We did this last year too and already had people in front of us by the time we got there. So here's Chris trying his best to be a trooper for his wife! Riley, yes this was a family affair, was asleep in the back of our Surburban by 10pm.
Kelsey and Ethan decided to sleep in the back of Chris' truck. It must have been in the high 30's that night. Kelsey got the mummy sleeping bag, so she slept just fine. Ethan was a little on the cold side and not very thrilled that I took this picture!
Everyone was out by 12:30am except for Loma. She stayed up all night and held our place in line. Thank you Stephanie Meyer for helping me stay awake. I finished the second book in her Twilight series and was on the third by the time the store opened. Even though I have already read them all, it gets better the second time around!
Well at least two of the three Denkers were happy as the store was getting ready to open. They don't look so bad for camping out under the stars for 12 hours! And yes, we did get the laptops.

4 comments:

The Fred & Stephanie Lewis Family said...

I wish my parents would do that!!!
♥Haleigh♥

Neil and Kristi said...

You crazy girl! I'm glad you got what you went for though...go you Denkers!!

Marcie said...

You're better troopers than I would be. Your kids must be thrilled! You will have to remind them of this every time they complain to you about something!

The Horvath Crew said...

You brave family...Well atleast you got the Laptops. That would have stunk if you never got them. I don't know if I could ever go through that...maybe when my kids are older and nag me for something. But like you they can sit in line as well.