Saturday, November 1, 2008

Huge Twilight Fan!!!

O.K. I've seen this counter on other blogs and thought, "What's the hype all about?" Many friends have tried to encourage me to read the book over the past few months but once they explained that it was about vampires..I wasn't really interested!

Kelsey said alot of her friends were also reading the series. So, I decided to buy the first book in hopes that Kelsey would read it. Anything to get that girl to read!! Well, it sat on my nightstand for a few months just collecting dust.

Then on Tues. Oct. 21st, I decided to take a peak. I thought reading the book while at McDonald's ( I was watching my friend's little boy) would help to distract me from all the noise and screaming of the Play Place. Two hours went by in the blink of an eye.

Since then, I have read all four books!!! All 2,200 plus pages! I finally finsihed them about two hours ago. I have never completed a book in my life! My poor family has been neglected, so has my house! I took the books everywhere. While waiting at a red light, I would start reading! Eating dinner, I would read again! I could not get enough of Edward and Bella. The passion and devotion...undescribable!

I can't believe how amazing Stephanie Meyer is! What a brillant author! I am SO counting down the days until the movie hits the theatre! I've watched the trailer over and over again. My kids now watch for the previews on T.V. I'm sure they are trying to score "brownie points" with me! They really have been patient with me. Now I can get back to blogging, paying bills, cleaning house, etc.

If you have not read the series, READ IT! It is the most romantic,while clean (aside for some bloodshed!), love story. I am now a huge Twilight Fan!

4 comments:

Amanda fair said...

um i read all 4 books in 4.5 days, while on vacation this summer. I read every waking moment, they are freakin' awesome! My girlfriends and i have rented a hotel room so we can stay downtown after viewing the movie at midnight! I am so stoked and am so happy you read them!

Amanda said...

I have read the series (except for the 4th book) 3 times since March!! And I read the 4th one in 12 hours!! Poor Peyton was neglected, but she survived. I'm so glad you read them and you loved them!!! I am so waiting for the movie to come out as well. Hey, maybe we could see it together!! I don't know of anyone down here who wants to see it like I do!

Barb's blessings said...

I'm convinced. I bought the first book a few months ago and like you, it has just been sitting collecting dust. I guess I should open the book and give it a shot. (In case you don't remember me, we are good friends of Brent and Gail -- Chris will know who we are.)

Alicia Jane said...

Hi Loma! ahhh...I remember the days when I refused to read the twilight series because they were about "vampires". I gave in too and now dream about edward and bella (ok, not literally but you know what I mean).
I am so grateful that Kelsey was able to watch my boys when we were up for the wedding. it was actually our first time leaving them with someone other than a memeber of my family and they loved her! i can't believe how mature she is for her age! She was great!