Thursday, May 7, 2009

RVing in Julian, CA

This is our idea of camping...RVing at a 5 star resort. This is KQ Ranch in Julian, CA. Actually, this was our first time staying here. That's our trailer at the main gate! I love the outdoors as long as it provides a bed, shower, microwave, etc. That's actually Chris' idea of camping! When we pulled up to the gate, Chris needed me to do this and that but instead I jumped out of the car when I saw several wild turkeys walk by!
After settling in, we headed down into town to check things out. We ran into this pizza joint that serves their pizza right out of a wood fire stove. So we decided to stop for a bite! Just waitin' for our food!
If you're ever in Julian, you must stop and eat at Wynola's Pizza Express. It was a little pricey for pizza, but worth every penny!!!! They also had the best cream soda. Chris is still trying to figure out how to get his hands on some!
After bellies were full, we decided to head back to camp and check out the resort. We stumbled upon an olympic size pool that was covered and ready for use! It was only 60 degrees outside, but inside the temp was 84 degrees with a perfect pool temp of 78. Chris and the kids couldn't pass it up! I stayed out to take pictures, of course!!! Not quite ready for swimsuit season!!
I just love this picture of Chris and Riley!
The next morning, we woke and decided we would explore some more. Everytime I turned around, Riley was begging for me to take his picture. I sure think he looks cute in this one!
We decided to end the day fishing at KQ's pond. Chris had to show Riley the ropes but according to Kelsey and Ethan, they are experts and didn't need any help!
What a great picture of Ethan! Not sure what he's thinking, but looks like he's deep in thought!
Kelsey had to show up her brothers by being the only one to catch a fish. Not sure if you can see it. It's that little thing to the left. She didn't care how big it was, she just wanted to be the first one to catch something. Ethan did catch a few things, oh wait a minute, those were tree branches! Better luck next time boys!
My baby boy!
Of all the pictures I took over the three days we were in Julian, this by far is my favorite. I'm not sure what it is, but there's something in those beautiful big blue eyes that melt mom's heart!
Best buds!
We had a great time camping and look forward to the next time!

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Love the pictures! That's my kind of camping!!

The Horvath Crew said...

Looks like tons of fun. Beautiful scenery...louis will be so jealous!

Pollock Palooza said...

Yeah, but did you run the generator ALL NIGHT?!!! Ha!